Sunday 17 February 2019

Bariloche, Argentina

We took a very loooong bus ride from Mal del Plata to Bariloche, Argentina. Can you guess how long the bus ride was?

In Bariloche, we found a big cement slide that was like a water slide because it was about the same width as a water slide, but it was way longer. We took the chair lift up to the top of the slide. To go down,we had to sit on plastic sleds with wheels. There was a lever on the plastic sled. If you pushed it forward, you would go. If you pulled it, you would stop. There were two slides so I raced Charlie. The slides were fast! It was really fun!

This is a picture that I found on Inspirock.com
Another day, we went to Bahia Lopez, a rocky beach next to some beautiful mountains. The water was freezing, so instead of going swimming, I built a village of mouse houses with Charlie. We used rocks and sticks. The buildings that were in the village were;
  • a gym
  • condos
  • a hospital
  • an outdoor school
  • a police station with a jail
  • a bank
  • a town hall
  • a climbing wall
  • a theatre
  • a grocery store



After we finished our village, we took pictures of the village, then we destroyed it!! We separated the rocks from the wood and we made HUGE mouse houses!!! Charlie made one and l made another.


In my house, it was really dark and it had two little dark bedrooms. At the back of the house, I built a shed with a pizza oven in it, and it was connected to the house.

The is the pizza oven I built on the back of the mouse house because pizza is so good!
Also, there was a front patio with a ramp and a pool beside it so they could jump in the pool off the patio. There was also a climbing wall on the side of the house.

Here is the climbing wall!
Do you think any mice will live there?

The last day in Bariloche, we went kayaking with a man named Diego.

Getting everything ready before we get into the kayaks.
He brought his kids along and that made it more fun!

Me and Téo had water fights with some water pumps! 
Teo was 8 and Sol was 10. We paddled to a beach and we played Frisbee and played in the water. The water was so clear, you could see the bottom. It was fun!

Going for a swim in the super clear water! 

8 comments:

  1. I guess your bus ride was 6 hours. Am I right?
    Did you see a lot of mice on the rocky beach? I bet they will love the house you built for them! I'm sure they will make good use of the climbing wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not six hours. A lot more! No, I didn’t see any mice on the beach, but we did see two Patagonian mice on the highway nearby! They were so cute!

      Delete
  2. I think the bus ride was 10 hours. And I think 46 mice will occupy the houses you and Charlie built on the beach. I am curious to know why you are riding on your dad's back in the water. Why didn't you carry him?! Looked like some great times. I would love to see a video of your sled race down the cement race track - that sounded awesome! Enjoy your next adventure and I will be watching for further updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not 10 hours! Add 13 and a half more! Daddy was not carrying me, I was holding him up!

      Delete
  3. Wow you sure built alot on the beach, were you there for hours and hours? I am enjoying all your adventures. You are experiencing and seeing so much. Not much exciting going on here in Winterpeg. There were lots of people sledding on your hill this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mice house-sitting I think they will love the pizza oven and the swimming pool. You come up with great design ideas, maybe you will be an architect like Uncle David and build some real sized ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is 11 hours on the bus! Hopefully there was a bathroom on the bus!! Did you have to wear helmets on the slide? It sounds like you were going super fast. I wonder what the slope of the slide was? My students learn about slope of lines in class! Keep sending pictures! And sorry it took so long to comment on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope not 11 hours, add 12 more to find the answer! There was a toilet on the bus, but it was pretty stinky! Nope, we didn’t have to use helmets on the slide! The slide wasn’t too steep, but we went super fast (mom went really slow).

    ReplyDelete

Panama City, Panama

We went to Panama City the only fun day was the second day. We went to a park and the Barids were there.(we met them in Cartagena) We played...