Friday 5 October 2018

Cusco

We traveled on a Peru Hop bus from Lima all the way to Cusco. We finished the route so they gave us T-shirts.  Mine is so big on me because they only have adult sizes but I like how it fits.

In Cusco,  there are a lot of shops selling souvenirs. Everyone wants people to come in their shops.  One lady threw me into her shop so the rest of my family would come in! It was really funny!

Cusco grows cocoa beans. Cocoa beans make chocolate.  We went to a workshop at the Choco Museo and learned how to make chocolate right from the cocoa beans. It was really fun and delicious!  I was able to make my own chocolate. All you have to do is roast some cocoa beans, peel them, crush and grind them,  mix in sugar and powdered milk and cocoa butter. Melt it, then form it,  and put it in the refrigerator. And then eat it! The chocolate is really good!




4 comments:

  1. Nicholas loves chocolate. How fun to make your own from fresh beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle David & Auntie Katie15 October 2018 at 23:33

    Now you can make your own Halloween Candy! Watch out for those crafty shop owners, They'll talk your ear off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adeline I am hungry, can you send me some of your chocolate? How long did it take for you to make the chocolate Adeline?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry! I ate all of my chocolate already! Our workshop was two hours so I think it would take that long again. Maybe I will try to make chocolate again when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete

Panama City, Panama

We went to Panama City the only fun day was the second day. We went to a park and the Barids were there.(we met them in Cartagena) We played...